Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nebraska Summer Adventure

    While Joel was at AT(Annual Training) with the Nat. Guard the last two weeks working hard training and evaluating shooting, Kadence and I took off for the corn fields and family to visit. We had a wonderful time visiting cousins, 2nd cousins, grandma, aunts, uncles and everyone in between. 
     Much of our time was spent hanging out with grandma and going on little drives around the area. It was so nice to catch up on life in general. We visited grandpas grave and I really enjoyed listening to grandmas stories of her life. I found out that during WWII she was a Riveter in the plane factory ! It is so nice sometimes to just listen and learn from experiences. It really touched me to hear grandma talk how after all this time how much she misses grandpa and hear her talk about him and how they met. Those stories are so sweet and reminded me of the words in the song I posted on the previous blog.




    Kadence was spoiled at Uncle Bill & Aunt Cheryl's as he got to help out with the haying, ride horses, collect chicken eggs and play with all the farm animals. He found out he really like to run in the corn field's till one time he ran a little far and after that stayed closer to home.






    I also really enjoyed visiting the Old Market Area in downtown Omaha. It had so many unique shops and it was fun to see where grandma used to come with her dad to sell produce when she was young. She told me the funniest story about how on the way home from the city her dad would get so tired and just dose off. The horse knew the road so well that he just kept going as her dad slept.


   While in Nebraska I took a drive one afternoon to Lincoln and thought Kadence and I would just walk around the football stadium. Well we had great timing as the team was practicing and we were also able to go out on the field and take pictures.




 
(I thought this was so full of thought you can just hear Kadence thinking someday I am going to play out there.)



On Sunday evening my Uncle Gary & Aunt Diane hosted a very fun family BBQ and hayride for the whole family. It was so fun too see everyone together and reminded me how blessed we are to have a FAMILY.






We also explored the Henry Doorly Zoo not once but twice as we just couldn't get enough! This was a fun memory for me as I remember mom and dad taking me when we were young.







1 comment:

DAD said...

Angela, I want you to know how much I appreciate the opportunity to view the photos. They caused me to reflect on special times as well. "Times" with you too!!! Will never forget.

I thank the Lord for you!

With love,
DAD