Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kindness is like snow-it beautifies everything it covers.









This weeks challenge at "Renaissance Blog" was quite exciting for me as snow is a fairly normal part of our winter life in Montana. My mom has been visiting us and helped me take some pictures from around the area we live, which I am contributing to this assignment. We had fun together going on our mountain drives to find some scenery and enjoy the beauty that snow brings.


I am always struck by the simplicity and clean look of things around me after a good snowfall. This is part of the reason i was drawn to the caption i used for this post, "Kindness is like snow-it beautifies everything it covers". What a strong parallel to our lives and the effect they have on others.

Today as my mom was getting ready to leave to visit my sister Jennifer, we took a small walk around the neighborhood. All our beautiful snow had been melting and what was left was nasty mud and slop underneath. I remember saying, "It all looks so ugly and gross when the snow melts". Another good life parallel staring me in the face. If my life underneath the snow is ugly how can I show Christ's love and kindness to others ? I strongly encourage you to contemplate and be challenged by these thoughts as i was today. Enjoy the snow and spread God's kindness to the world.


Angela





6 comments:

Tracy said...

I've always thought a life in Montana sounded romantic. Your pictures are beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness, the third from the bottom is just gorgeous! My friend lived in MT for a few years (she also attended Montana Wilderness School of the Bible)
and I just loved looking at her pictures when she came home.
Beautiful, all of them!

Unknown said...

I adore the 5th picture of the snow caped mountains and the barn. I do so much like the simplicity of snow.

Rebecca said...

Good to see you! Great photos, all. However you made your little guy stand out in that second one was pretty C.O.O.L. What a cutie!

Also loved the windmill. It is nice to be able to share walks with mothers...

Jemit said...

such gorgeous views.. breathtaking!

Cochran Clan News said...

I love the 5th picture withe the mountains and the barn, that is gorgeous! I am also a sucker for windmils, lovely. I would love to see montana again soon. It is so beautiful there. I also enjoyed your thoughtful post. Thanks

Janey