Sunday, January 17, 2010

''The picture of the little boy"

Yesterday while eating our breakfast, I was reading the Wallstreet Journal which I had gotten from work the night before. Most of the front page headlines involved the disaster in Haiti and details about rescue attempts. I was so engrossed in the article that I was reading that I hadn't noticed Kadence, quietly sitting next to me, was also looking at the paper. As I flipped to the next page he grabbed my arm and said, "No mommy I want to see the little boy he is hurt". Flipping back quick I at once saw what he was looking at and grimaced at the image of a young boy with blood and bandages on his face. (Thinking to myself that I had traumitized my 2 year old, unintentionally of course, but way too graphic for him and why didn't I think !)  So trying to make the best of the situation I said, "That little boy was hurt in a earthquake but Jesus is watching over him, do you want to pray for him ?''. Let me tell you we did right over our toast and juice my precious little boy and I asked Jesus to watch over that little boy. I am starting to cry just thinking about this again as I listened to his soft heart pray for this boy we don't even know. 

Wow! What a powerful reminder to me of being sensitive as a child to others pain. I feel like sometimes in this world be become to hardened to life and don't let our hearts feel for others. Thank you Lord for my lesson today. I finally was able to find the picture so I could share with you all. May it touch your heart as it did Kadence's.

No comments: