Monday, February 6, 2012

Shhhh... Don't Wake The Baby

 Shhhhh...Don't Wake The Baby
by: Blu Cuelho 11/28/11
Dedicated to Grayson Pitsch, who inspired this poem




I tiptoe in, leaning down
I peer over the railing
tears come to my eyes in awe
of the miracle that lies
in the soft confines of the crib.
The cherub like face
laying softly on the bed,
the soft breathing
in out, in out.
A hand escaped
from the snug wrap,
lies lazily to the side,
little fingers curled
together, into a loose fist.
A faint glimpse of a smile
touches the soft lips,
then vanishes. Leaving us
with that feeling that
we just saw a taste of heaven.
I marvel at the perfection
we see mirrored in a baby's face.



My very precious babysitter gave me this poem last week that she had written. She said she worked on it while Grayson was sleeping. It brought tears to my eyes and is so special! I actually woke Grayson up trying to take a picture of him sleeping but the look on his face is so sweet I had to post it.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like you are blessed with a nice young lady to babysit for you. Take good "care" of her and hopefully she will stay with you for several more years and Kadence and Grayson will like that too I am certain. The poem is very special, she did a great job on it.

Anonymous said...

Tear came to my eye as a read your post. You see, I remember his mother at that age. Thank you for the photos.

With love, Your DAD