Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Parade 2010


Kadence and Michael waiting so patiently for the parade to start.
Kadence wanted Grandpa & Grandpa to see the picture of the "Motorbike".
The elderly man in the red coat in this photo is a WW2 Vet that survivied Iwo Jima. We saw him at the Legion BBQ he was so kind and chatted with Kadence.


I loved that this man still wore his uniform and was able to be a part of the parade.
Joel(2nd row from the back) and others from the 163rd Infantry marching.
The folks on this float are all Airmen  from WW2. I loved the lady on the end holding the picture of her dad who died in combat during the war.
Memorial at the cemetery for those that have died. Afterward several vintage miltary planes did a fly over in salute.

This is my favorite picture from the day. The boys were walking to the cemetery and I happened to see this...Kadence told me that daddy was teaching him and Michael to march just like him. He was so precious and very proud of his daddy. I had to try it in blk/white also and really liked the effect.


Let us NEVER forget the sacrifices made by those that died so we can enjoy our freedom.

1 comment:

Barb said...

This was very special to see the parade pictures...I am proud of my son-in-law and his military service too. The one with Kadence and his daddy walking is very precious. Love you guys!!!