Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fashionistas


This is my first 'Foto Friday' attempt at posting. My wonderful sister Jennifer has shared with me the link to Rennaissance Blog. I have enjoyed seeing the different ideas and pictures there. This last weekend some girlfriends and I went out on the town dressed as different decades in fashion history. I am the girl in the bright teal dress with white boots. The following pics are a few shots of our costumes, with some beautiful photoshopping effects by none other than my talented sister Jennifer to add a vintage look to the photos.









(Left to Right)

Pin-up Girl from the 1940's; Flapper from the 1920's; Housewife from the 1950's and Go-Go Girl from the 1960's.



Some dancing fun with an Indian and a Housewife. Don't the white gloves just add the final perfect touch to this costume and photo ?

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like a fun evening!

Anonymous said...

Totally fun!!!! Looks like some great memories, too! :-)

Bonnie said...

How much fun! The editing of them really adds to the look!

Jemit said...

All really wonderful. The Go-go boots brought back so many memories. Thanks.
Marilyn

Peggy said...

These are great! I remember my Mom and I having go-go boots like that when I was a girl. Well, mine didn't have as high of heels... ha ha!

Wendy said...

These were totally GROOVY! You did a good job capturing dress up...and it looked like a great time!

Unknown said...

Great shots! :)

Rebecca said...

How COOL is that?!? Love the outfits but I have to ask: were your feet KILLING you by the end of the night?!?

So good to have you join us this week! Hope to see you 'round again!

Paula said...

WELCOME to foto friday!! :D :D :D
These are GREAT!! Man I wish I had a bunch of girl friends to dress up with!! :D This looks like you guys had a blast!

Full of Grace said...

Loved how you made the shots look vintage, that was super cool :)