Thursday, February 11, 2010

Foto Friday- Loving


Selfless love to serve our country
  The following pictures are some my husband (Joel) took while in Iraq in 2005. They are some of my favorites that he has, because they display some sort of emotion or statement. I am convinced that giving of your life for someone else is the most selfless form of love. When thinking along this line I am drawn to thoughts of our Savior and the gift of His Son to pay the price for our sins. What a gift we have all been given and that gift is ours for the taking if we only ask and Believe.

 



This last photo is especially touching to me seeing the look on the little boys face.



Selfless love for our children
 
 



Selfless love for each other

"The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough of is love."     Henry Miller


Check out Reinassance Blog for other great posts and examples of love this week.

8 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Angela
That was a neat idea to share some of the pic's Joel had taken. I really like the one of Kadence & Joel. I always have a hard time getting a nice smile from Joel...he likes to clown around a lot, so now I have a good one of both guys.:)

Jemit said...

Beautiful photos..

Unknown said...

Thank you for serving our country! WONDERFUL PICTURES!!! I love that quote also! :)

Tracy said...

These photos are a great reminder of the loving sacrifice made by our soldiers every day.

Terri said...

Thank you for sharing those photos.

Paula said...

What a great reminder of selfless love. Thank your husband for serving. These are great shots.

Bonnie said...

My cousin served for a little over a year, and I loved his photos he would e-mail out, just for the fact that they reminded me that yes, there are those willing to defend those they have never met, and who can't defend themselves. The little boy is darling, Steve (my cousin) said every child he saw reminded him of why he was serving.
Tell your husband THANK-YOU!
My other favorite is of your hands- how very precious!

Rebecca said...

I really enjoyed this post. Great photos of "inside" the military~where not many people get to see.

Happy valentine's Day!