Friday, March 26, 2010

Baby Chicks

     I had so much fun this week capturing some pictures of baby chicks with Kadence. This was our 3rd visit to the store to view the new chicks and I must say mama allmost caved in and bought one this time for her little boy. Literally the only thing that held my impulsivness in check was my dear hubby's "threats" if I brought one home. It was so much fun to see the different types of babies. They had Geese, chickens, turkeys and ducks all within a week old. Some of then didn't even have there eyes open yet!   To me this week CHICKS defined spring time and the possibility of new life.  I love the fresh start on life and all the possibilites that await, even a baby chick, at the beginning of life.













7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Chicks are so sweet! (Though if you do cave in, skip the ones with their eyes closed, they shouldn't be and they might be sick!)
I raised chicken/turkeys/ducks for years, and just loved the fluff ball stage.

We had a bantam breed of chicken that hatched their eggs- bantams are small anyway, and the chicks were the size of ping-pong balls!

Tracy said...

So cute! We visited the local farm supply store this week, too!

Jemit said...

Chicks are always spring..fer sure...
marilyn

DAD said...

Angela,

I really enjoyed these photos. I thought of not only the baby chicks, but also the gentle heart of the young boy who is viewing an example of new life.

Thank you -

DAD

Rebecca said...

aww. I loved that last comment from your Dad. so sweet.

I remember going to the store to see chicks a few years ago and being flabberghasted that you could buy a real living breathing baby animal for the same price as a cheeseburger from McDs. Looks like your little guy enjoyed the show!

Barb said...

The baby chicks are so cute...but they have a hard time outdoing the cute little buddy in these pic's....love you all:)

Jennifer said...

Awww...those are so cute :) They look so soft. There is a feed store in Monroe that has a sign up that indicates they have chicks. We have passed it a couple of times, but this week we just might have to stop and see some chicks too :.